Okay, so I have been having fun with adding colored chalk to the hair to highlight DIY hairstyles. And why not? It looks so pretty, and it is something that anyone can do easily.
Chalk is fun because it washes right out so you can get super crazy colorful with no commitment ( GREAT for kids and special events.)
I challenge you to get some chalk
and experiment with your favorite HTHG DIY hairstyle. Try a braid with 3 colored pieces!
Here are a couple of fun chalk hairstyles that I came up with….The first is a chalked and loosely braided and pinned half-up flower that is just so sweet. I want to do a whole bouquet next time. The next one is this pretty rope-twisted half up damsel bun that is very colorful and easy to do. I kind of went crazy with the hair chalk on this one. It is very fantasy fairy-land. One of you should try the Maiden of Unicorn Land braid with some chalk, and send me a photo.
Anyhoo, I wanted to share these to get you excited about hair chalking and all the possibilities that it brings to hair. Let’s have fun with color!
Hair chalked flower
1. Take a section from each side….
2. Chalk em green. These will be your leaves.
3. Now twist the pieces back and join them in the back in a ponytail with a clear elastic.
4. Loop the ponytail so that there is one loop and the ends are sticking out.
5. Now take the loop and split it into 2 and spread out the leaves.
6. Take a section of hair from directly under the leaves, and pull it through so that it hangs over the top of the leaves.
7. Chalk this section with whatever color that you want your flower to be…..May I suggest a color-fade? A light color with darker or brighter ends?
8. Now braid the section loosely. Secure the ends.
9. Now pull the sides of the braid apart, starting at the ends. Loosen it up.
10. Now wind your braid into a flower-bun.
11. Pin it discreetly in between your leaves. Pull the loose ends of your green sections down and arrange them into decorative leafy stem.
How does yours look? I would love to see a photo.
Here is how to do the Damsel bun.
Chalked Damsel bun
!. and 2. For this one, I just took random sections all over the head and chalked them different colors.
3. Now section off 2 side sections, from the top of the head to behind each ear. Braid these sections.
4. Gather them in the back into a a ponytail and secure with a clear elastic.
5. Now take the ends of both braids and twist them separately in the same direction to make a rope twist.
6. Secure the ends with a clear elastic.
7. Now wind your rope twist into a bun and pin it discreetly.
What do you think of these chalked hairstyle ideas? Pretty fun, right? I have many more chalk tricks to share, so stay tuned.