Sometimes you just have to get your hair the hell off your neck in August. I am here in mild Seattle, feeling desperately hot and having a moment of silence for my comrades in Arkansas ( The fire-y August pit of Hades) and around the world, where the heat really truly is oppressive. *************moment*************
This hairstyle is for you. It is a simple twisted bun, the kind the longer haired women (and men) have been doing to keep their hair off their sweaty bodies since the dawn of human kind.
Here is a photo montage of twisted buns throughout the ages.
What I really love about these historical buns is that they are all finished off with some sort of beautiful and simple clip, band, or accessory. Before the time of bobby pins, people used decorative combs and sticks. A simple bun should always be decorated in some way. The To hot to deal bun is finished with a hair comb designed and made by Nikki J. She is about to release a new line of gorgeous brass and silver hair accessories and I am BEYOND EXCITED TO WEAR THEM AND SHARE THEM!
Her metal designs are fit for royalty.
Here is how to get the look.
2. Begin tightly twisting the base of the ponytail.
3. Guide your hair around into a bun as you twist.
4. Continue twisting and guiding the hair around the bun.
5. Twist and guide the ends of the hair around the bun and tighly tuck the ends under the base of the bun.
6. Stick your comb teeth through the ends and into the base of the bun to secure it.
7. Tuck and wrap any loose hairs into the bun.
Now go out and deal with the heat a little better, rocking your timeless, tight twisted bun.
Happy Friday in August!