Here is one for my retro hair lovin lady’s. The big retro cocktail bun is your perfect cocktail party or New Years Eve hairstyle, for medium to long hair. Get you hair rats ready, because this one is BIG.
Start with all the hair in a high ponytail. Make sure it is nice and smooth and tight.
1. Divide your ponytail into 2, so 2/3rds of it is in the front, 1/3rd in the back.
2. Get your hair rat in hand….
3. Wrap the ends of your ponytail forwards around the hair rat. Roll it gently down to the scalp.
4. Spread hair around to cover hair rat.
5. Pin into place.
6. Now take the back 3rd, and gently back comb behind it.
Now, pull down your lady parts, and arrange your bangs if you have ’em. Add a sprig ‘o something, and put your heels on! Or if you are like me, put on your Chuck Taylors. I can’t wear high heels because I have scared ankles. XO!
Need a little more cocktail hair inspiration? Here are some Mad Men inspired hairstyles to check out!