If you don’t already know, when it comes to my own hair I am a lazy-girl hair stylist to the max. I’ve got 2 young kids, a business to run, other people’s hair to do, things to make, cookin, cleaning, errands, art, and a social life. I don’t have a lot of extra time to spend on my own hair……This is one of the reasons that I love being shampoo-free! It has cut down on my hair fussing time so much, and made me appreciate my natural hair.
There is almost nothing than I love more than going to sleep and waking up to a good hair day. Sound impossible? Think again. No-heat curls and waves are the perfect solution. Last month we talked a lot about rag curls. Before that it was pin curls.
Today, I bring you an easy to do twisted hairstyle that works great on hair that is anywhere from jaw length to butt length, looks lovely, and leaves you with wonderful beachy waves for days. You can wear this style overnight to wake up to a great hair day, or you can wear them during the day for sultry nighttime waves.
Style your hair while you sleep.
When your hair is damp at night, spritz it with texture spray or sea-salt spray.
Comb or brush out all the tangles, and grab a couple of bobby pins.
1. Part your hair straight down the center, all the way to the back of the nape of the neck.
2. Beginning on one side, start a twist at the front hairline. If you need help, check out this post for a video break down.
Twist all the way down one side, working hair from both sides into your twist as you go. Twist all the way to the very ends of the hair on that side.
3. Gently wrap that twist into a loose bun, all the way to the ends.
4. Pin your bun in place, using this tutorial for reference if you need help pinning your bun.
5. Repeat the twist on the other side.
6. Pin the second bun into place.
When your hair is dry and you are ready to take out your buns and reveal your waves, remove your bobby pins and unwind your buns.
Finger comb through your hair to loosen up the wave. Shake it out. You are ready to go, lazy lady.