I have gotten some requests lately for unique medium-length hairstyles.The scarf roll came to mind because itis so retro classy and eye-catching. But It needed a little element of modern so I added accent braids to it and Voila!
Putting little braids in the hair is like putting a bird on a handmade messenger bag. They add instant ironic coolness.
Here is how this ‘do is done…..You will need a long skinny scarf and some clear elastics
1. Begin by lightly back-combing at the crown of the head.
2. Now, section off both sides from behind the ear forward.
3. Make a small dutch braid on one side. Braid all the way down the free end of the hair, and secure it with an elastic.
4. Repeat on the other side.
5. Now join the braids together at the back of the head with another elastic. Take out the elastic from the ends of the braids.
6. Take the rest of the hair into a ponytail it at the base of the neck and secure with a tight ponytail holder. Pull the holder down the pony till it is at the ends of the hair.
7. Take your scarf and lay the center of it across the top of the ends of the ponytail.
8. Slowly roll the ends around the scarf.
9. Keep rolling all the way to the head. Now take the free ends of your scarf and wrap them around the front of your head and back around.
10. Tie the ends of the scarf into a loose bow above your scarf roll.
*At this point, if your roll seems loose and sloppy, tuck and pin it until it looks right then pin the braids down behind the scarf to finish the look.
This hairstyle turns heads and makes people wonder how you did that. It is much easier than it looks!
If you like the Roll ‘n braids, you will LOVE the tutorial in this post;)!